The National Cancer Registry Programme Report 2020, released by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), estimates that there will be 13.9 lakh cases of cancer in India in 2020, and this number is likely to rise to 15.7 lakh by 2025. According to the data, tobacco-related PREVENTABLE cancers will account for 27.1 per cent of India’s cancer burden.
- Despite relatively high prevalence of psoriasis at 0.4 to 2.8 % in the Indian population and availability of many treatment options, India is behind in psoriasis disease management1.
- Research done on specific ethnic backgrounds and data from one population is not a global solution. Hence it has been recommended by WHO’s global report on Psoriasis, that Psoriasis research should focus on specific ethnicity and therapeutics that are unique to a specific population 2.
- There is an increasing demand for crucial studies addressing definitive curative therapies.
Hence, well-conducted research specific to Indian population considering the differences in genetic makeup, environmental influences and health care costs could go a long way in improving the healthcare services for the psoriasis patients 3.
- Thappa DM, Munisamy M. Research on psoriasis in India: Where do we stand? Indian J Med Res. 2017;146(2):147-149. doi: 10.4103/ijmr.IJMR_1296_17
- Dogra S, Mahajan R. Psoriasis: Epidemiology, clinical features, co-morbidities, and clinical scoring. Indian Dermatol Online J. 2016; 7:471–80
Sapien provides tailor-made biosample services adhering to IRB/IEC approved specimen collection protocols, and patient informed consent forms, and coding patient information to protect privacy.
- Sample types available – Blood, tissue punch samples, other biofluids.
- Ideal patient and sample requirements – Treated or treatment naïve, type of psoriasis, collection tubes/anticoagulant, processing e.g., blood to serum or plasma, PBMCs or DNA, quantity, molecular cellular IHC assays, H&E images
- Clinical Annotation – The exact type of data needed that you need – Demographic, lifestyle, diagnostic etc.
- Storage requirements – Specimen can be stored as per your protocol or shipped as per your instructions.
1st Floor, AIMSR Building,
Apollo Health City,
Hyderabad 500 096